Yellowjackets (Showtime) - Juliette Lewis, Christina Ricci | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Yellowjackets (Showtime) - Juliette Lewis, Christina Ricci

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by 4Roses, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Ok, I’m caught up and if this does turn out to be a secret side sequel to Lost, I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest.

Andrew likes this.
  2. Latest episode was WILD

Why do I low key really like Jackie even though she is the worst but not

lushLuck, Andrew and johnoclock like this.
  3. Incredible episode. I am sat here waiting for people to react. So many wild twists and turns.

lushLuck and itylts like this.
  4. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Ffff the RIDE they took us on.

All those “Adam is…” theories ruined in the first 5 minutes.
    The shroom party really accelerated everything a bit, huh? How long are they meant to have been stranded now? 2 months? Based solely off how much Shauna is showing and how much Van’s injuries healed. They were extremely close to their first human dinner.* Also, Lottie as the antler queen confirmed??
    *Bouncing off this, do we think they didn’t actually cannibalize each other? Misty’s body language when the “reporter” brought it up made me second guess it a bit.

Only one episode left is cruel. Hope season 2 isn’t too far behind.

5. Juliette answered several questions on Twitter including this one that sheds some light on how she was originally pitched Natalie's character.

She also compliments the writers a lot, it seems she just had a tough time playing such a dark character, especially spending a lot of the season doing solo scenes.

Vixen, Stewart, Edu and 2 others like this.
  6. Did the five seasons thing just come from Melanie Lynskey at that Vulture event? Because it didn't sound like she meant it that literally to me in context, just a way of expressing that the writers had a lot of material in mind. Or has it been confirmed somewhere?

Lately, lushLuck and Andrew like this.
  7. It does sound like it took a lot out of her playing the character and was different then she originally thought. Glad to hear though that she knows it’s good.

This episode was pretty bonkers. I kind of figured it was the husband that did everything and he didn’t cheat and not who they were pointing all the signs towards. I wasn’t excepting him to so willingly take the blame though so that was a surprise. It seems like everything is being set up to show how they run things in the wilderness going forward. They said they were there for a year and a half so there’s a lot coming up. Hopefully it does get picked up and can show the whole story. Christina Ricci continues to steal are her scenes. Love it.

8. I wish I didn't love Jackie so much, because things obviously will not turn out well for her.

Also, loving our Queen of the Woods Lottie.

9. I’m in love with the series but I really don’t want 5 seasons. I don’t think I could cope with another show that has so much build up but no solid ending in sight.

One perfect season with a solid opening, middle and ending would be ideal. I’m only on episode 5 and I kind of wish it’s doesn’t go down the supernatural route. I think it would be far more interesting to see a group turn on each other.

10. Give me 3 seasons. That's what a show needs if it wants to tell a big story, it really doesn't need 5.

11. Adam being dead is sad because he is so fucking hot. I was also hoping Lottie would be killed off this past episode because I can't fucking stand anything about her character. Watching Jesus girl blow up after her incessant preaching was a kii - you know she wouldn't have been wearing a mask on the plane while it went down if it was 2022!

I honestly thought the shroom trip was a bit over the top this episode. I've never done shrooms, but I can't imagine it would result in the absurdity that happened.

If it was up to me, Jackie would knife all these girls except for Misty and Nat and feed off their bodies until rescue.

Vixen, lushLuck and VitaminBee like this.
  12. I just discovered this a few days ago and have been on a binge since I found out. I'm finally up to date, excited for the finale this weekend. That being said, these last few episodes feel like this show is entering CW levels of absurdity more and more.

I also find it a kii that they really went for the 90's with the whole actress playing young Misty being gorgeous but we're supposed to believe she's ugly because curly hair!!! glasses!!!

DominoDancing and lushLuck like this.

13. Yes, this is my own twitter, but I said what I said and I couldn't be bothered to type it again

lushLuck likes this.
  14. The gag at the end of episode two… I’d have caved ha skull in

15. They did that

16. BTG

BTG

Finale predictions?

I’m guessing they might bookend the season by seeing a bit more of the Pit Girl scene from the pilot? Or at the very least, the school reunion is an excellent opportunity to reveal another survivor.

Vixen, Bonkers, xOJakeXo and 3 others like this.
  17. I binged the 9 episodes today. This is fucking brilliant. As someone else mentioned, a slow burner for sure. So many many possibilities going forward. I just hope they don't get messy in the aim of prolonging things. And, as somebody else mentioned, 3 seasons would be perfect. I hope they have it planned out and stick to it.

I have no thoughts on theories because... It's just so chaotic? But it's pacing really well, I'm not surprised at all with the renewal. Someone mentioned about Juliette Lewis possibly leaving? For me she's the star. They need her presence. Also give her some awards!

DominoDancing and lushLuck like this.
  18. I'm about to start the finale. I'm so nervous!

Edit: I finished it… guh. I don’t want to have to wait for the next season.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    lushLuck and itylts like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.