You are released - The Agnes Discography Rate (Finished)

On that note, is everyone okay with the inclusion of the C*****mas song? @WowWowWowWow suggested that we may want to drop it.
Well, something has to come last.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And so, next to fall is...

...Well, one of you called it...

...And it's time for the first ten to fall...

wyttwym.png

When You Tell the World You're Mine (with Björn Skifs)
Average: 4.21
High scores: 10 x 1 (@Txetxu), 8.2 x 1 (@berserkboi), 8 x 2 (@Charley, @Sprockrooster)
Low scores: 0 x 2 (@Empty Shoebox, @Hurricane Drunk)

Chart Positions: #1 Sverigetopplistan
#1 Digilistan
#19 Suomen virallinen lista

Yes, it is time for Björn Skifs to leave us.
Many of you probably don't know who Björn Skifs is so we shall tell you a little. He comes from Dalarnaslän, which is about two and a half hours North West of Stockholm (change trains in Borlänge). He performed as the lead vocalist for pop/rock groups Slam Creepers and Blåblus before he focused completely on his solo career. Notable in that time was Blåblus hitting the #1 slot on the Billboard chart in America, at around the same time that music was being invented for the second time in Stockholm, in 1974.

Skifs as a solo artist has collaborated with many people, but none more important than actual royalty Anna-Frid Lyngstad, who appeared on the song 'Med varann' on his 1975 album, Schiffz. In that same year, Skifs competed in Melodifestivalen for the very first time, with the (still remembered today) Michelangelo. He finished fifth.

Björn returned to Melodifestivalen in 1978, and won with 'Det blir alltid värre framåt natten'. At Eurovision, he memorably forgot the words to the song and filled with utter nonsense. He still finished fourteenth in a field of 20, so you can imagine what the five songs below sounded like.

Skifs entered Melodifestivalen again in 1981, with 'Fångad i en dröm'. He won a free trip to Dublin, and eventually finished 10th overall in the Eurovision Song Contest.

Now to steer away from Melodifestivalen, in 1984 Björn once again partnered with royalty for the 1984 concept album for Chess. He sang all parts of The Arbiter, but did not join the stage tour afterwards.

After this, he focused less on recorded music and more on films and stage theatre, performing in a number of roles with what I can only describe as 'a reception', because I can't be bothered looking through newspaper archives to be more specific.
Skifs came back to music properly in 2000, releasing a new album and following that up with regular albums throughout the decade. He has had three number one studio albums: Decennier - sånger från en annan tid (2005), Andra decennier (2006) and Break The Spell (2011). Curiously enough, When You Tell the World You're Mine is the only single of his that I can find that reached #1.

Back to the song. 'When You Tell the World You're Mine' was written for he wedding of Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling in 2010. As usual for a wedding involving such rich people, it was all on television and disrupted the entire city for a few days. At least people got an extra röddag out of it. While it seems like most of us didn't enjoy it, surely we can be impressed that in Sweden, even weddings have official pop songs. Compare that to the UK's Posh People Getting Married the next year. One other thing to note is that the television broadcast was the biggest in SVT's history, until the Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö 2013.

Last word on songwriters. I covered John Lundvik earlier. If you missed it, why? Go and read it. The other writer was a person called Jörgen Elofsson. He will pop up again, but for now, you may know him from...Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson.

So what did everyone think? Not very much, seemingly.

@abael (5) "Better than the Zelmerlöw duet, but still dull." Well, it is a church song. They can't all be performed by James Brown in the film The Blues Brothers.

@DJHazey (1) "Pretty damn close to a 0, but I can’t do that to her. But who thought this was a great idea?" Daniel Westin apparently. Says this link.

@berserkboi brings the positive with his high score of (8.2) "Sounds suspiciously like Fini La Comedie in the beginning!!"

@danmharrow (3.5) "This is a decent song, but I wish she sang it with someone else." But who? I mean, apart from Jenny Silver obviously.

@iheartpoptarts (7) "I’m not even one to get excited about weddings but I wanna have a Disney princess wedding now." Not sharing that feeling I'm afraid, but Victoria's dress is nice.

Now for videos. Show tune time!

Dublin!

Kelly Clarkson to wake you all up!

Studio version!

Live version!

Last edited:
I still haven't forgiven SVT for asking Darin to write a song for the wedding broadcast and then making him mime it on the roof.

I still haven't forgotten that Magnus Carlsson and Charlotte Perrelli also tried to get themselves the royal wedding song and apparently presented it to the couple as their gift. How cheap! Pool your money and get them a blender or something.

I still think it would have been much better if "Victorious" had been the royal wedding anthem. It makes perfect sense. And the princess' name is basically the title!!

And here's another bonus performance - John Lundvik performing When You Tell The World You're Mine with Kristin Amparo!!

There's a bum note at 1:13 if you're a fan of those. I know I am.

Why can't there be a John Lundvik bum at 1:13?? Yep I went there! (OK listen... at some point it's just going to be Agnes for the foreseeable future, I have to get it all out of my system while I still can.)