You are released - The Agnes Discography Rate (Finished)

londonrain

Staff member
Just to be clear - I never thought the rapper from Linkin Park was a nobody - I just didn't know/remember his name at that moment I wrote commentary. Seriously - would I be giving a 9.9 while praising the greatness of the tone with a nobody shade? (I guess you're right, with me it is possible ddddd)

I also love Where'd You Go by this excellent man - outside Linkin Park :)
I was actually going to cite Where’d You Go as an example of why he’s a rapper, not a ‘rapper’ ddd.

Right, enough of that for now

Let's get rid of another English song.

myeverything.png

My Everything
Average: 4.47

High scores: 8 x 1 (@Txetxu ), 7 x 2 (@KamikazeHeart, @abael )
Low scores: 1 x 3 (@danmharrow , @HurricaneDrunk , @Verandi )

Chart positions: N/A

And yes, it's time to kill another cover. 'My Everything' was originally written and performed by Göteborg's Jennifer Brown, who had some success in the mid 1990s, scoring three top ten albums and a top 20 single. It wasn't this one though.

There's not much else I can say about her, she hasn't really been someone who has ever interested me.

However, this rate being run by @WowWowWowWow and I, we can always talk about Melodifestivalen. Specifically, Melodifestivalen 2009. Jennifer was entered into the second semi final with 'Never Been Here Before'. She finished seventh. Behind Lili & Susie, Amy Diamond, Måns Zelmerlöw and some people we don't like.

Short one today. Apologies if you were expecting more, but we literally only found out about this song when we started this rate. Hoppsan!

Personally I find the song really forgettable, so I gave it a score of 2. Was I too harsh? Clearly not. Three other people gave it lower scores.

Unfortunately for the high scorers, the rest of the commentators didn't have much positive to say either.

@Untouchable Ace thinks its a bit dated:
'I don't appreciate the old fashioned production, especially on ballads. When these elements are used it's hard to get past no matter the redeeming qualities.' - 4.2

Don't take this the wrong way @danmharrow, but don't buy a lottery ticket this weekend.
'Well something has to come last' - 1.0

@DJHazey was scathing:
"Why is Agnes sounding like she's singing a song I'd hear on one of those 'Time Life Easy Listening Hits' infomercials. In some moments it doesn't even sound like her. Next." - 4.0 I'm guessing that he didn't know it was a cover.

@iheartpoptarts actually gave the song a lower score, but the comment sounds a lot more neutral I guess?
"I’ve found the Idol Box compilation on Spotify and I’m listening to all kinds of random popstars covering stuff. (Tove Styrke doing ‘Hot N Cold’, surprisingly not good.) @iheartpoptarts" - 3.0 Hey, if it was Hot & Cold by Jewelry, I'd be there in a flash.

Anyway, to close we'll go with the closes thing we have to positive comments:
'(Mostly) Impressive delivery, not impressive song!' - 5.8
was @berserkboi's take.

And finally @abael:
'A bit simplistic, but when it comes to those idol singles that was always going to be the case. Nice for what it is.' - 7.0

Some videos.
Jennifer's original:

Melodifestivalen 2009:

Agnes on Idol:

And back to the studio:

Last edited:
Who’s ready to lose the first song not from the Extras section?

Lol not us.

morethanyouknow.png

More Than You Know (Acoustic) (Vargas & Lagola feat. Agnes)
Average: 4.59
High score: 9.5 x 1 (@berserkboi)
Low score: 0 x 1 (@Ana Raquel)

File this one under WHY?

You may recall that @Empty Shoebox already gave us some insight into Vargas & Lagola, a group comprised of Agnes’ partner Vincent Pontare and Lina from Alcazar’s partner’s brother, Salem Al Fakir. As if I needed an excuse to post their triumphant single “As Long As I Have To”:

Tangent: I love me some Salem.

Plus his uncredited vocals on “You Make Me” and “Silhouettes” by Avicii and “Something New,” “On My Way” and “Sun Is Shining” by Axwell /\ Ingrosso.

Twas not Salem’s ultimate collaboration with 2/3 Swedish House Mafia, though. He and Vincent were among the composers of the Axwell /\ Ingrosso single “More Than You Know,” which went to the top 10 in over a dozen countries:

I will not derail this post by talking about how Sebastian Ingrosso of Axwell /\ Ingrosso is cousins with Benyameen Ingrosso. I will not derail this post by talking about how Sebastian Ingrosso of Axwell /\ Ingrosso is cousins with Benyameen Ingrosso. I will not derail this post by talking about how Sebastian Ingrosso of Axwell /\ Ingrosso is cousins with Benyameen Ingrosso. I will not derail this post by talking about how Sebastian Ingrosso of Axwell /\ Ingrosso is cousins with Benyameen Ingrosso. I will not derail this post by talking about how Sebastian Ingrosso of Axwell /\ Ingrosso is cousins with Benyameen Ingrosso.

8pz2Jte.gif

Well, I came close. Anyway, I said file it under WHY because I cannot find any reputable sources to uncover why this even exists. Was it the original demo that they shopped around? Was it done just to give them something to do in the studio? Did someone lose a bet? It certainly wasn’t done with success in our rate in mind—as you can see, very few comments came in, and they weren’t particularly complimentary.

@danmharrow (6): “This works, but needs more Agnes tbh.” Could I interest you in a sped-up version with no Agnes vocals whatsoever? If so, please see above.

@iheartpoptarts (6): “The pretty melodies save this from its acousticness to some extent.” I imagine you typing this through fairly gritted teeth. Bopjustice makeover needed ASAP.

@abael (4): “It’s a song of waiting for the good part, until you realise it’s over.” That’s one of the reasons I love Melodifestivalen so much. If a song turns out to be a turd, at least you know there is less than three minutes until it ends.

@DJHazey (3): “Good napping soundtrack, with a careless use of the word ‘good’...” You were waiting for the good part, too?

@berserkboi (9.5): “Beautiful track but takes a while for Agnes to get in or rather, be noticed…” Not to fear, friends! By my count, there’s only two songs left in the rate that aren’t 100% Agnes -- “If I Could Build My Whole World Around You” and “Tough Love.” Hey, maybe they’ll be the next two out!​

Last edited:
I will not derail this post by talking about how Sebastian Ingrosso of Axwell /\ Ingrosso is cousins with Benyameen Ingrosso. I will not derail this post by talking about how Sebastian Ingrosso of Axwell /\ Ingrosso is cousins with Benyameen Ingrosso. I will not derail this post by talking about how Sebastian Ingrosso of Axwell /\ Ingrosso is cousins with Benyameen Ingrosso. I will not derail this post by talking about how Sebastian Ingrosso of Axwell /\ Ingrosso is cousins with Benyameen Ingrosso. I will not derail this post by talking about how Sebastian Ingrosso of Axwell /\ Ingrosso is cousins with Benyameen Ingrosso.

Oh, I totally Googled that. It's relevant!