You are released - The Agnes Discography Rate (Finished)

When last we met, we had just kicked out Måns, so now we're headed into Week 8 of Idol 2005. Again, with a smaller crop of competitors, each of the Idols will sing two songs.

This time, the theme is Kärlek <3

Ooh, but there's a twist! In addition, each performer must sing a duet with another contestant. Whatever will happen? Will any of the contestants try to out-sing each other? Grab the microphone out of their opponent's hand? Let's get ready to rumble!

Agnes first took on "Heaven":

Sadly, it was the Bryan Adams version, not the DJ Sammy version, which also meant there was no Kelly Rowland on the panel to say "Who knew you were doing Uptempo? Owww!"

In the second round, Agnes took the next step in claiming her Idol crown by covering an Idol winner, Kelly Clarkson:

And for her duet, Sebastian joined her on "Tears Never Dry," a Swedish top 10 hit originally done by Lisa Nilsson and Stephen Simmonds:

For Week 9 (Jury's Choice), Agnes showed us some versatility, giving both

VOCALS

and

PERFORMANCE VALUE

(which somehow somebody decided was necessary to cut for the album...)

With these performances, Agnes clinched her spot in the finals, going head to head with Sebastian Karlsson. Obviously you already know how it turned out, but next time I'll post the songs from the final week of performances.

Slightly delayed, here is another Person Who Has Worked With Agnes Carlsson.

Except it's not. I couldn't decide on a person to talk about, so instead let's talk about Other People Who Won Idol.

So Agnes won Idol in 2005, but do you know who won in 2004?

Neither did I. It was a man (pretends to be shocked at the televote) called Daniel Lindström.

He had one number one single. It was called 'Coming True'.
If the geoblock plays nice, here it is:

He released another two albums, peaking at #3 and #25. They were called Nån slags verklighet [Some Kind of Reality] (2006) and D-Day (2009) respectively.

Who did they beat that we know? Loreen and Darin.

Where are they now? According to Wikipedia, Solna. According to another language in Wikipedia, Umeå. I didn't go any further because I suspect that nobody cares. He has not released any music since 2012.

Idol 2006 was won by Markus Fagervall. He also had a singular number one single called 'Everything Changes' and yes, it was his post-Idol release again.

Markus has released two albums. 'Echo Heart' (2006) and 'Steal My Melody' (2008). They reached #1 and #11. The decay.

Who did they beat that we know? Danny Saucedo and Erik Segerstedt (another member of EMD)

Where are they now? Unknown. He last released music in 2008 and has only been seen since then on Stjärnor på is in 2008, which he won (and probably BingoLotto, but I think even I've been on that).

Idol 2007 brought us another woman winner, who also covered 'What A Feeling' by Irene Cara.

Her name is Marie Picasso

'This Moment' was her only charting single, but of course, her début album 'The Secret' got to #1.

Who did they beat that we know? Daniel Karlsson AKA The Moniker, Mattias Andréasson (also of EMD, as well as Melodifestivalen 2012)

Where are they now? Writing songs. The only one I know is 'Alive' which placed sixth in Malta's national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest in 2016.

Moving (unsurprisingly) to 2008, we meet Kevin Borg.

He holds the dubious honour of being the first Idol winner who's début album didn't reach #1, only making it to #3. Unsurprisingly, he hasn't released an album since.

Who did they beat that we know? Alice Svensson, Robin Bengtsson, Anna Bergendahl, Linda Pritchard

Where are they now? Also competing in the Maltese national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest. This makes more sense, because he was born in Malta. His best finish was 2nd, in 2013.

2009's winner was Erik Grönwall (no relation)
His single was the same tedious dirge we usually get.

Yes it got to #1, and so did the album.
The last the charts saw of him was his second album, 'Somewhere Between A Rock And A Hard Place', which reached #2 in 2010.

Who did they beat that we know? Eddie Razaz, Mariette, Tove Styrke

Where are they now?
Singing with a rock band called H.E.A.T. and playing Simon in Jesus Christ Superstar, in America.

I hope you have learned something from this look at Idol winners. Come back #soon and I shall tell you about the later winners.

But don't forget to send in your scores (and commentary, please) for the rate before next Sunday.

Idol 2007 brought us another woman winner, who also covered 'What A Feeling' by Irene Cara.

Her name is Marie Picasso

'This Moment' was her only charting single, but of course, her début album 'The Secret' got to #1.

Who did they beat that we know? Daniel Karlsson AKA The Moniker, Mattias Andréasson (also of EMD, as well as Melodifestivalen 2012)

My only ever PJ00s Top 5 overlooked yet again.

londonrain

Staff member
I really want to do this, but with the Mariah rate due tomorrow, PJ Retro due on Friday, the Little Mix rate due on Monday and PJ00s due on the Thursday after that, I may genuinely have too much anxiety to do the extras, Agnes and Stronger justice. (I can do Veritas and Dance Love Pop from memory since I bought them both on release.)

I'll try to get my scores in but there's a good chance I'll run out of time, so sorry in advance. If there's an extension, though, count me in!