╰☆ You Can't Mistake Their Discography ☆ The GIRLS ALOUD rate [WINNER + Complete round-up!] ☆╮

When people think of girl groups, the first that comes to mind is obviously the Spice Girls...
However, if you asked music critics or ardent pop music fans, the answer could actually be Girls Aloud.

Formed on the reality TV show Popstars: The Rivals, the premise of which was "Girls Vs Boys", whoever got the Xmas no.1 single was the winner. Judged by none other than Ginger Spice herself Geri Halliwell (as well as Pete Waterman and Louis Walsh) week upon week the girls would sing a pop track or ballad, and one by one they would be sent home.

The winning girl group consisted of...

Cheryl Tweedy

Cheryl-Cole-teeth-before-veneers_146x146.jpg

Nicola Roberts

nic_zps5vmtiayx.jpg

Nadine Coyle

nads_zpszvjqsrep.jpg

Kimberley Walsh

kim_zpstc79hgl9.jpg

and

Javine Hylton!... nope Sarah Harding

sarah_zpsnhtgloek.jpg

With Xenomania as their partners in crime, for a decade (7 years active) they pushed the boundaries when it came to pop music, fusing every genre of music into their catalog taking inspiration from literally everything and anything, including their various failed relationships and marriage, hectic London nightlife to country seclusion, girl power and sometimes the extreme lack of it and quite possibly anal sex?

All the while critics fell over themselves with praise and indie bands covered their songs.

So join a rate that is sitting on a forum/website that lived and breathed GA, supported the random B-Sides and the bum note and treats their legacy with the respect it deserves!

You can't mistake their discography.

Results!

109-107 - 105 - 103
102-101
99-98
97-95
94-92
91-90
88-86
85-83
82-81
80-79
78-76
75-74
73-72
70-69
68-67
66-65
64-62
61-60
59-57
56-55
54-53
52-51
50-49
48-46
45-43
42-41
40-38
37-36
35-34
33-31
30-29
28-27
26-24
23-22
20-19
17-16
13-12

Last edited:
Re: You Can't Mistake Their Discography╰☆╮The GIRLS ALOUD rate [VOTING OPENS 23RD FEB!]

girls-aloud-are-backBOOMsmaller_zpsdcsorpog.png

cdcoverxd7_zpsvkxzlnsv.png

Sound Of The Underground

The debut album, reaching #2 in May 2003. It was the girls only album to consist of various writers/producers.
Obviously Xenomania are in the mix, but Betty Boo is in there too and one of the Westlife blokes also contributed to a track! The cover has each girl wrapped in baco-foil, obviously fashionable back then.

Sound Of The Underground
No Good Advice
Some kind Of Miracle
All I Need (All I Don't)
Life Got Cold
Mars Attack
Stop
Girls Allowed
Forever and a Night
Love / Hate
Boogie Down Love
I Don't Want You Back
White Lies
Love Bomb
Everything You Ever Wanted
You Freak Me Out (Reissue)
Girls On Film (Reissue Bonus Track)

Sacred Trust
Stay Another Day
On A Round
Lights Music Camera Action
Some Kind Of Miracle (Single Mix)*

Grease
Hopelessly Devoted To You
I'm Every Woman

Hanging On The Telephone

R-3396798-1363839280-5395_zpso4lchdgs.png

What Will The Neighbours Say?

The girls sophomore album, What Will The Neighbours Say? taken from the 'Love Machine' lyric, fully backed by Xenomania the girls create this perfectly attitude laden pop album with hints of the quirkiness that was to come later... it reached #6 in 2004.

The Show
Love Machine
I'll Stand By You
Jump
Wake Me Up
Deadlines & Diets
Big Brother
Hear Me Out
Graffiti My Soul
Real Life
Here We Go
Thank Me Daddy
I Say A Prayer For You
100 Different Ways

Androgynous Girls
History
Loving Is Easy

Teenage Dirtbag

SMALLCHEMID_zpsqfbtlsfc.png

Chemistry

The third album Chemistry, released in December 2005. The record entered just outside the top 10, however this album is where the GA/Xenomania partnership blossoms. A pop album that is also a concept album, about a young girls hectic social life in London.

Intro - Models
Biology
Wild Horses
See The Day
Watch Me Go
Waiting
Whole Lotta History
Long Hot Summer
Swinging London Town
It's Magic
No Regrets
Racy Lacey

Nobody But You
I Don't Really Hate You
Crazy Fool
Singapore

Chemistry_GAXmas_zpsymthjcfg.png

Christmastry

Girls Aloud's little Christmas album, a bonus disc with the special edition of Chemistry you'll hear this in Asda most Decembers.

I Wanna Kiss You So (Christmas In A Nutshell)
Not Tonight Santa
Count The Days
Christmas Round At Ours

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday*
White Christmas*
Jingle Bell Rock*
Merry Xmas Everybody*

thesoundof._zpsdhtjjluf.png

The Sound Of... Girls Aloud - The Greatest Hits

The girls first greatest hits album and their first no.1 album... it was in competition with the Sugababes greatest hits (though they finished at #3...)

Something Kinda Ooooh
I Think We're Alone Now (Single Mix)
Money

The Crazy Life
Why Do It?
I Think We're Alone Now (Original Version)*

Theme To St. Trinians
On My Way To Satisfaction

Walk This Way (Girls Aloud Vs. Sugababes)

tangled_up_cover_zpsrs0brkro.png

Tangled Up

Tangled Up is for many GA fans their best album, released in November 2007 delving into a more mature dance/pop sound it gave the girls more recognition musically and earned them a few Brit nominations.... the accompanying tour was also a triumph which included sell out shows at the O2 arena in London.

Call The Shots
Close To Love
Sexy! No No No...
Girl Overboard
Can't Speak French
Blackjacks
Control Of The Knife
Fling
What You Crying For
I'm Falling
Damn
Crocodile Tears

Dog Without A Bone
Blow Your Cover
Hoxton Heroes
Je Ne Parle Pas Français*

ooc_zpsholw0uj7.png

Out Of Control

Out Of Control was the last full studio album of GA, 2008 was undeniably the peak year of their success. No.1 single, No.1 album and they finally won that elusive Brit Award. - So they fucking took a break!

The Promise
The Loving Kind
Rolling Back The Rivers In Time
Love Is The Key
Turn To Stone
Untouchable
Fix Me Up
Love Is Pain
Miss You Bow Wow
Revolution In The Head
Live In The Country

We Wanna Party

She
Memory Of You
It's Your Dynamite
Untouchable (Radio Mix)*

TENSMALL_zps67xuowxy.png

TEN

So after initially promising to return in 2010 the gals eventually reunited in 2012, ten years after they initially formed, to release TEN - The complete greatest hits collection (+ 4 New songs) including their shittiest load of shit ever. Hey ho at least they got another top 10 album, no.2 single and a sellout tour.

Something New
Beautiful 'Cause You Love Me
On The Metro
Every Now and Then

* [SUB][SUP]optional[/SUP][/SUB]

(If you would like to know who sings a certain line, thanks to Hazey you can find out here!)

So, there you have it. Many songs to rate - you all know the rules by now... listen to these songs rate them from 0-10 (half points are allowed) but also with this rate I will be allowing each participant to rate one track an 11, so choose wisely! Commentary is encouraged because it helps with the reveals etc, so please take part and I hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:
Re: You Can't Mistake Their Discography╰☆╮The GIRLS ALOUD rate [VOTING OPENS 23RD FEB!]

I'm ready.

Sam

he/they

I'M SO READY. Gonna pie off the Kanye rate in favour of this. Sorry 'bout it.

Songs have been added, I've basically opened this early in case people want to request that certain songs are removed/added etc.

I see random symbols are the new tiny font.

Really looking forward to this, I'm a novice as far as GA goes and I can't wait to realy sink my teeth into their work. I just wish their last three albums were on US spotify.

Now watch me lowkey sabotage in the name of Can't Speak French.

Staff member

Can't wait to get started!

Not that I'm entirely bothered, but where is Walk This Way??

For completion's sake I'd add Walk This Way (and so it's not a complete given that the Song We Don't Talk About goes out first).

I'm going to have SO many 10s here. Probably even more than I did in the Taylor rate.

Last edited:

matthew.

Staff member
He/Him

Sexy!, The Show, Close To Love, or Not Tonight Santa for the win.

I'M SO READY. Gonna pie off the Kanye rate in favour of this. Sorry 'bout it.

Despite the voting actually opening after mine closes. Let me sulk a little.

That said, I can't dispute the Aloud. I can't say I've ever listened to the first album, or ever planned to, but there's enough here to pique my interest. Ready for Call the Shots to sweep the board, of course, but everything before will be interesting.

And I love that you chose the most unflattering photo for Nicola exclusively. One day, she'll catch a break.

Staff member

So many possibilities for that 11.....

This gives me the perfect excuse to listen to that first album and other bits and bobs that I've missed over the years (that Christmas Chemistry...thing).

I have no idea what to do with my 11. Kanye got 14 10's from me, I suspect Girls Aloud will equal or possibly beat that.

Sam

he/they

I have a vague idea which song will receive my 11, but I'm not completely sold just yet.

I think my fantasy top 5 would be No Good Advice, The Show, It's Magic, Untouchable and On The Metro. Make it a reality, Popjustice.

Island

Staff member

I wanna know who's gonna give 'Beautiful Cause You Love Me' a 10.