Your favorite movie posters | The Popjustice Forum

Your favorite movie posters

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by KamikazeHeart, Mar 5, 2016.

1. This grand beauty with my two favorite men hangs on my wall framed, and I was wondering what are your favorite movie posters?

[​IMG]

steste likes this.
  2. Off the top of my head, the teaser poster for Nymphomaniac:

[​IMG]

Preposterously simple but slightly genius.
    There's also that character poster series with all of the actors doing their best O-face but let me not.

And this one, the Mondo poster for The Brood by one of my favourite artists:
    [​IMG]

The Mondo poster for Aliens isn't half bad either:
    [​IMG]

Also, of course:
    [​IMG]

There's loads of them but I can't remember more at the moment.

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

From the top of my head

4. Lowering the tone somewhat but I have these two beauties framed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andy French, KAG, constantino and 2 others like this.
  5. Uno

Uno

6. [​IMG]

Another one that is pretty minimalistic but fits and compliments the theme and tone of the movie

7. I want to see @steste's posters!

steste likes this.
  8. Haha! Thank you! I really like this thread and I intend to post some when I get a chance to get on my laptop.

Not sure if mine will feature topless twinks though....!!

idratherjack likes this.
  9. I found the movie an overlong borefest, but this wonderfully clever little tagline is one of my favourites ever.

[​IMG]

10. The best Black Swan poster...

[​IMG]

and undeniable...

[​IMG]

11. I am curious which iconic horror posters you have!

I will not be posting my Union J posters in here, don't worry.

steste likes this.
  12. Just so much achieved with so little.

[​IMG]

13. What's really sad is the loss of the movie poster as a true artform these days. Superhero/sci-fi/action movies are really the worst, exemplified by Avengers et al. Bad photoshopping into a generic, blue-tinted scene of destruction. Bleurgh. I suppose Deadpool at least went with the humour side of things, if visually dull. Except the "load" crotch-shot one.

Some great examples already in here - I love this thread. Good posters genuinely inspire interest in the film, at least in my case. I'm shocked there aren't better ones out there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Also my favourite ever movie trailer. Perfect. They translated the feel of the movie into every avenue pre-release)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr Blonde, steste, junglefish and 3 others like this.
  14. The Alien artwork used to freak me out. I've got a thing about egg-shapes with cracks in them, it's just...icky.

Though before seeing the film I thought that was its head.

15. KAG

KAG

16. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

This is a great thread, I'll source some of my favourites later.

I remember reading that the Jaws artwork was originally commissioned for the book, and the artist didn't get paid any extra when it was used for the movies.

17. Jurassic Park's poster is also great, and definition of minimalist - using just the logo (from the book I think?). Clean, crisp and unfussy.

The Alien poster is weird (and the trailer that uses the egg too) as at no point in the franchise do eggs like that appear. The Alien eggs open outwards like a flower. I wonder if it's the result of a marketing/art dept that wasn't privy to this before sending it out, or the metaphorical use of the egg was a conscious one. It's creepy regardless.

Here's the trailer for anyone who hasn't seen it. Almost 40 years old now and the impact this style of trailer has had is incredible. Sadly we've seen a deluge of "tell the entire story" trailers of late. A trailer like this would get everyone in the theatre to shut the hell up and TAKE NOTICE. You wouldn't forget this easily. That noise...such great sound design.

Mr Blonde, POPGASM and UnionJackMix like this.
  18. Came here to post this:
    Amazing.

19. [​IMG]
    I have this hung in my room... A work of absolute art.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.