Your Favourite Album/Single/Anything Music Related Artwork! | The Popjustice Forum

Your Favourite Album/Single/Anything Music Related Artwork!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by EnsnareTheSenses, Feb 12, 2013.

1. The 'Unintentionally Hilarious Album/Single Covers' thread has provided us with many amazing laughs since its inception.

But on a more serious note (and, of course, we take ourselves very seriously here on Popjustice!), as a parallel, I thought it would be nice to have a thread that we could use to appreciate the fine aesthetic wonders that our favourite acts have produced. Or, indeed, their creative teams.

This can be album covers, single covers, promotional artwork, album artwork, tour posters etc. Just a very general thread for everything arty and music related, really!

To kick things off, I'd like to put forward one of my absolute favourite single covers.

You may not like her, you may not like the song, but I think the cover of 'California Gurls' was pretty much universally praised for being absolutely gorgeous, and completely fitting for the song at hand:

[​IMG]

What a way to kick off a new era.

'Telephone' was also great:

[​IMG]

as was 'Dance in the Dark':

[​IMG]

And even although hardly anybody saw it, I have to show some love to Christina's 'Bionic' here:

[​IMG]

A shame that 'Lotus' didn't really keep up to this high standard!

I'd love to hear your suggestions! I haven't given a great deal of thought into the ones that I've chosen here; just ones that popped into my mind at the time of posting. I'm sure you can all come up with even better, or much more iconic ones. 'Like a Virgin' springs to mind:

[​IMG]

We talk of great/iconic artwork pretty often on here. I thought this could be a great place to share our thoughts!

2. Rmx

Rmx

3. My favorite has to be:

[​IMG]

A more recent one I really like too:

[​IMG]

4. Bjork's double chin drives me NUTS though!!

5. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OLD SKOOL!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  6. I love the artwork for 'True Blue'.

7. innamor.

innamor. Guest

The True Blue cover is stunning AND it's a great chin exercise.

8. rihXgyalNAVY

rihXgyalNAVY Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SERVE that face!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. [​IMG]

You could not have seen this in 1987 and thought anything else but "whoa".

10. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

It's not even me as a stan saying this, I just genuinely think it's one of the best album covers I've seen.

[​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know that on release many people hated the artwork to Fan Death's album but I love it....it's so distinctive and cute!
    The Blondie album cover is in my opinion an iconic and very straightforward photo of the Band .....Debbie just looks beautiful and timeless!

12. RainOnFire beat me to it! This are other random favorites of mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. A few of my favourites...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. A bit of a generic choice here, but I was absolutely out for the count first time I saw this:

[​IMG]

And, of course:

[​IMG]

15. My favourite album sleeve ever, actually.

16. It is indisputably stunning! Great choice.

17. Tower Records once sold a range of album cover jigsaws in about 1987 or 88. Tango In The Night was one of them, AND I DIDN'T GET IT. Ugh.

18. I bought some cheapo unofficial Madonna coasters from ebay years ago. All the album covers from Madonna to Confessions (even Who's That Girl). I don't generally like merchandise tat, prefer actual music, but hey still look great!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.