Your Life On Popjustice! | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Your Life On Popjustice!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Big Bang, Dec 21, 2012.

1. K94

K94

Aww - thanks man!

How much time do you spend on here?

Maybe too much - Even when I'm doing work this is in another window

How much is it part of your real life?

Not a massive part really (I have Future Lover on fbook and I talk to steste quite a bit) but I do wish I had someone in real life to talk about great pop music with - Most of my mates don't have the best taste in music

How did you find this place?

The Plug DJ room back in it's heyday - other members encouraged me to sign up but I only became active around summer this year

What made you sign up?

Got a bit bored so I thought I'd give it a go. Plus, it's better than ATR-hell.

What do you enjoy most about this place?

The jokes - I don't think there's one day on this forum where I don't burst out laughing. Some people here are hilarious. Also, I like that everyone has something to say and has strong opinions on pop music. Even the people I'm not too keen on contribute something positive to the forum.

Has anything changed over time?

I've only been here for about 6/7 months so I don't really know..

What's your life on Popjustice like?

Not too bad. I only had a few run-ins at the start but it was all trivial. It's just nice to talk with people that understand pop music the way you do. I'm still one of the new kids though.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  2. SBK

SBK

Hard to say. Its always open in a tab at work / at home.

Not really. Although I did do some work for Popjustice HiFi in real life a couple of years ago.

It was like 2004/5, honestly cannot remember how I found it though.

What made you sign up?
    Probably Girls Aloud

The arguments. The endless MY OPINION ON POP MATTERS MORE THAN YOURS attitude most of us have.

Yes. Everything changes (but you)

3. How much time do you spend on here?
    I don't really know, I'm always logged in though. I kind of just pop in in short bursts throughout the day.

Hmmmm. Well, I'm introduced to new music on a pretty much constant basis so that's awesome, and I've made a couple of great internet friends.

I was trying to find an mp3 of this and somehow wandered here. I had seen/heard of it before but never paid much attention, it was just one of those "music blog sites".

What made you sign up?
    I wanted to argue with someone about Britney's Circus, and there was a thread on Van She who I was obsessed with at the time.

People are smart, and the taste level is generally very high.

I don't really know??? I feel really at home now, more than ever because of the Asian pop threads, but I don't really have any sense of online self, so I don't really know how I'm perceived here or how things are changing around me??

4. How much time do you spend on here?
    Not as much as I used to. I'm more of a lurker these days. Apart from now, obvs.

Not at all.

Like 2008 or 9 I think. I wanted to find a place to talk about Gaga that wasn't the official board. That quickly changed.

What made you sign up?
    See above.

Depends on what mood I'm in.

Yes.

5. How much time do you spend on here?

Not as much as I used to now that I'm in college but I definitely check up at least every day to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Not to any frightening extent - sometimes I find myself saying some of the lingo around here out loud ("quite", "amazing", "well done everybody") and I find interest parallels between real life and things being discussed on the forum often. The other week in art history we were discussing the duality of timeless beauty versus modern beauty and how one can't exist without the other blah blah blah around the same time I was reading posts about how Born To Die references a very specific sound that has already been done and Femme Fatale is a contemporary masterpiece that could have only existed when it did.

Wikipedia mentioned its "extensive" iamamiwhoami thread when I was in the thick of keeping up with them.

What made you sign up?

The iamamiwhoami thread!

I laugh at a lot of things on the forum. And I love how attentive everyone is - if I miss something new someone else has caught it.

Yes and no. I felt a sharp decline in quality when the new layout happened and it hasn't quite picked back up but there's pretty much the same balance of intelligent arguments, whiny stans, and dismissal of others' opinions as when I started.

I've pretty much faded into irrelevance! I don't post nearly as much as I used to and rarely make meaningful contributions to discussions - rather, I voice my simply stated unpopular opinions. ("Starships is the best song of 2012") It can also get legitimately stressful on rare ocassion (see - "reductive"gate) which is probably one of the reasons why I started being less participatory. I guess I'm more interested in seeing what other people think than voicing my own opinions a lot of the time. Still, the forum helps me to have a much more insightful view on music.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  6. I was going to this and say that it isn't really a big part of my life, but then I realised it's Christmas day and I'm discussing the intricacies of Azealia Bank's future.

7. How much time do you spend on here?

Lots

It's pretty similar, I make the best comments in my real life too.

I googled Leona Lewis Echo flopping.

What made you sign up?

People were saying silly things, so I decided to correct them.

Being the best.

The members mainly, a lot of people seem to get banned in chunks.

I am king.

8. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Everytime I'm on the internet, I always open Popjustice.

I like music in real life, and I discover new tunes from the Popjustice users. Also, I only know one person in real life who I can have PJ-like conversations with when it comes to music, so it's good that PJ Forums exist.

I was curious on what was the latest with the Sugababes, and I ended up here. It was during the Change era of the band.

What made you sign up?
    The discussions on the Sugababes, and the need to catch up with the first group I really liked.

The users are generally funny, witty and level-headed. People seem friendly too. I'm planning to meet some people here when I get to London early next year. At this rate, I'm assuming I'll be the one chosen by the NGO to go to London.

Some of the prominent users before don't post as much now. New users and the middle-ground ones have risen in the Popjustice Pyramid.

Generally peaceful in the past years, but in the early days I used to get a lot of stick for my English. Over time, my English writing has improved. I was also regarded as one of the nice ones until I shared about my 'insane crush' story where people started to question if I'm a real person or not. It's OK though as I feel like I don't need to prove anything. I also like some users here, and would like to meet them in person if fate permits.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.