Your own favourite photos | The Popjustice Forum

Your own favourite photos

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mvnl, May 6, 2010.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Inspired by this thread I thought it might be fun and interesting to have a thread where we all post our favourite photos (ones we took ourselves), whether they're a true piece of art or just a picture that completely captures your favourite holiday, or concert pics that worked out extremely well!

To start off here's a bunch from my London trip last year..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Yay!

Just a random selection (they're a bit big):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I don't know why but I really love the one with the egg.

4. Thanks! It's a personal favourite of mine.
    I like yours, too. I really want to photograph people, but I always chicken out.

5. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Well, it does feel a bit weird, I wouldn't wanna get caught, so it does feel like I'm doing something I shouldn't do.. but all my favourite pictures have people on them, and random strangers somehow are a bit more interesting than just taking tons of pictures of your friends.. Plus the most interesting shots happen when people aren't aware of the camera. I'm happy with my zoom though, I can often pretend I'm taking a picture of a friend or a church and then just zoom in on that fighting couple or drunk lady.

6. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Took these on the Subway in Glasgow last October.

7. SBK

SBK

I dont want to put a downer on things, cause they're lovely pictures... but taking pictures of kids you dont know then posting them on forums is really wrong.

You could find yourself in a LOT of trouble.

Anyway on topic -
    I'm at work so only have facebook res versions:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

none of them are great but i like them

8. Very cool!
    What exactly is the second one and where was the last picture taken?

9. Thanks!
    The second one is a photo taken of a small lamp that changes colour every two seconds. It was taken with a longer exposure time than normal, so when you move the camera a bit you get this effect.
    The last picture was taken in Tilburg, a Dutch city.

10. Thanks for the information.
    Cool idea! I wish I knew how to do that with my camera.
    And I could have sworn it was either a Dutch city or German city.

Here are two of mine:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. I walked up Snowdon (the highest mountain in Wales) last month and once the skies clear as you get nearer the top the views are just breathtaking. It's so surreal to actually be in or above the clouds.

Approaching the summit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me looking windswept and awful at the top:

[​IMG]

My mum looking rather severe at the summit:

[​IMG]

Snowdonia is amazing for photography.

12. I just went phwoar at a Cheryl Cole picture. Oops!

EG.

13. UnderPressure, I love those photos. The background on the photo of your mum is rather lovely.

14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I love those clouds pics.. I had a similar experience on top of the Vesuvius, but none of my pictures seemed able to capture it.

15. What's the best way to make pictures during gigs, by the way? Mine are always blurry. Maybe it's the camera though.

16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

A good camera's definitely a start.. never zoom too much because in the end a wide shot might have a terrific clear close-up in it when you crop it a bit, and each zoomed picture I took was less clear than the wide shots.. A good spot always helps as well of course..

17. Thanks. I usually have good spots, so I will try what you suggested.

18. [​IMG]

I took this at a festival in 2008. We were watching Roisin Murphy and the sunset was amazing.

19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Of course zooming can help when you want to see what you're shooting, plus I like to take the proper picture at once, so I'm pretty guilty of the zooming too much when there's really no need for it..
    As long as you're using opticial, and not digital zoom you're save though..

Also, Photoshop can be a blessing.. not only for cropping but also for making the colours look better.. this was my original Cheryl shot:

[​IMG]

20. Pet Shop Boy your photo is just brimming with atmosphere.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.