Your predictions for Sound Of 2012 | The Popjustice Forum

Your predictions for Sound Of 2012

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Aime, Oct 19, 2011.

1. I hope it's not too early for this. I happen to enjoy threads like this because quite often people's suggestions are better than what we end up with (that's how I discovered cocknbullkid, for example).

2. Lana Del Rey will probably dominate most lists.

3. Lana won't be eligible for the list, because she'll probably have a top 20 hit this week. I could see MNEK maybe getting a shout, he's got a decent bit of buzz attached to him like.

4. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

I sure hope Florrie will be a contender this time around. She's so close to making it big.

5. After Jessie J I've lost hope in the Sound Of...

6. She fooled all of us. The Sound of... people hadn't heard the album, they only heard the sampler and DILAD which is amaze.

I'm hoping against hope that Florrie makes it and I'd also love Spark and Oh My! to show up. Can't say there's anyone else I can think of.

7. Florrie should turn up.

8. WAR OF WORDS. STOOSHE.

That is all the list you need.

9. God knows Florrie deserves it. If she's overlooked and some complete nobodies make the list, given that she's been consistently ploughing away for 18 months+ now and has close to 20,000 Facebook fans. Fingers crossed!

10. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Indie Band! Rock Band! Man with guitar! Woman with guitar! 17 year old who writes their own songs! Major label artist haunting the blogosphere! Ex Brit School student! Australian band!

11. Skrillex ?
    Lucy Rose ?
    Spector ?

12. Alex Winston.. Or wouldn't she qualify to make the list?

13. James Blake and Clare Maguire were disastrous inclusions into last year's Sound. The Sound list actually gets it very badly wrong quite a lot, doesn't it?

14. James Blake didn't sell well but the critics loved him for a time and he got a Mercury nomination- that's not so disastrous in the end is it?

15. I suppose it depends what you look for in the Sound list. I think James got hype because he was the only half decent looking dubstep producer out there.

16. The WooWoos.

17. I don't know if I'd tip them for success - because I don't think they'll be successful. This means they're probably going on the Sound list!

18. I want badly Sky Ferreira.

19. MTV have just released 2 of their ones for "Brand New for 2012".

One's called Clement Marfo and the Frontline. The grime 'ting looks set to continue, but there's no denying that there's quite the chorus there.

I can't find a song for Angel, but here's a picture:

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/46/music_angel.jpg

So, given his background, another 'urban'-sounding one.

Still...better than Jessie J? Right?

20. I just hope there's no explosion of a pop star that tries way too hard to look unique and fresh but really oozing all forms of pretentiousness and lunacy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.