Your unpopular pop opinions | Page 2399 | The Popjustice Forum

Your unpopular pop opinions

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Mvnl, Nov 2, 2007.

1. RJF

RJF

Charli XCX is very good. The hyperbole in her thread is one of the most obnoxious on the forum, but she's generally great these days, and at the very least interesting.

2. I adore Charli and think she is one of the very best in the game, but I do think Pop 2 is... a huge disappointment after N1 Angel.

3. Agreed. Right behind the Carly thread.

4. RJF

RJF

I like that we can be friends after Taylor.

5. I like hyperbole. Even better if we direct it at popstars who are good at bubblegum.

I like Taylor, too.

Cassava and DJHazey like this.
  6. Charli deserves every ounce of praise we give her.

7. I think I find the Carly hyperbole a bit annoying because she now has the gays foaming at the mouth for her mediocre leftovers instead of like, Warm Blood. I just need her to release a new album so I can join in on it instead of rolling my eyes nn.

8. I see it as more of a dessert! Lots and lots of dessert.

9. I would LOVE Tulisa to release new music and tour.

Island likes this.
  10. "Room For 2" is by far Dua's best song.

Island, Artangel and tylerc904 like this.
  11. I wish I "got" Troye Sivan the same way a lot of y'all do, but I just...cannot connect with anything he's done at all. The elements for me loving his work are all there but something in the execution just doesn't work for me.

R92, BML, Serg. and 11 others like this.
  12. I don't really have an attachment to him, to be honest, but he has potential and it's nice he's doing what he's doing.

londonrain and Andy French like this.
  13. I can't deny it anymore, I love 'Flame'.

londonrain likes this.
  14. One of my favourite songs of 2017.

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  15. I feel the same way. I think I get why people like him, but I'm just not able to get into that.

Andy French and Mr.Arroz like this.
  16. I think his debut set a record for the shortest time it took for me to go from really hyped to just plain over it. The album wore thin super fast, possibly because at 18 (rather samey-sounding) songs it was way longer than it had a right to be.

His new song is a step in the right direction for me, but I'm still not 100% sold on it.

17. 2014

2014 Moderator

After My My My this is his best song - it's completely gorgeous

18. My preemptive condolences to anyone who expects the new Kylie album to be good and will be disappointed when it isn't.

RJF, vague and Mr.Arroz like this.
    Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  20. I could write essays here but instead I'll recline and chill, with the comforting knowledge that I'll spend most of 2018 subposting across the forum and occasionally dropping in to remind his thread that Olly Alexander is leaps and bounds ahead of him and yet, there are queer artists of color out there ahead of them both, who should be put on for being revolutionary and groundbreaking, and not just someone who showed up to a warehouse, with a decent camera and some random Fraternity X models.

And that's the tea on that.

[​IMG]

JMRGBY88, Island, Cutlery and 17 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.