Your unpopular pop opinions

- CVRCHES third album Love is Dead is their best. Forever was the song that made me discover them and I've just always enjoyed the album. Lots of people seem to see this as their worst but I think it's miles better than Screen Violence

- Kim Petras is just... a nothingness. Her music has always been well below average and I couldn't imagine sitting through a full album of hers

- David Guetta's Nothing But the Beat is the best album by a DJ that I have listened to, wall-to-wall bops that still sound fresh today

- Nicki Minaj has never topped Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - a fantastic album full of smashes. Starships and Pound the Alarm remain her two best singles.

- Happier than Ever by Billie Eilish is a snoozefest, her first album is way better

I agree with most of this, though I've never heard the full Guetta album. What I have heard is all bops, true.

They/them, he/him
Whilst I enjoyed it for the first week, I can't get past the feeling that Ava Max's new album just sounds unfinished so I won't be going back to it.

This is basically how I feel with Kylie’s Body Language. You can tell it was rushed to release before it was ready because the vast majority of the songs sound like demos.

Carly is good at what she does and I think her decision to hone in on a specific style/approach was savvy in cultivating a consistent audience, but I've consistently tempered my expectations on experimentation from her post-Emotion. Whereas a pop star with significant commercial prospects could be justified in this, it's more disappointing from an artist whose career has been refreshingly low stakes for the last 5ish years. Something like No Thinking Over the Weekend ends up as a pleasant surprise even if I don't really return to its parent album in full.

- CVRCHES third album Love is Dead is their best. Forever was the song that made me discover them and I've just always enjoyed the album. Lots of people seem to see this as their worst but I think it's miles better than Screen Violence

- Kim Petras is just... a nothingness. Her music has always been well below average and I couldn't imagine sitting through a full album of hers

- David Guetta's Nothing But the Beat is the best album by a DJ that I have listened to, wall-to-wall bops that still sound fresh today

- Nicki Minaj has never topped Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - a fantastic album full of smashes. Starships and Pound the Alarm remain her two best singles.

- Happier than Ever by Billie Eilish is a snoozefest, her first album is way better
I find Love Is Dead rotten but the other opinions... you're onto sumthin

This thread becoming the Bitter Betty Brigade.

viviane-araujo-gretchen.gif

Whilst thinking about folklore/evermore it got me thinking, and I'm convinced some people like these weird art/folky/going against the grain albums artists release just for the sake of it

Taylor's evermore and folklore - yes they may be ~organic~ but they're boring, Miley's Dead Petz is... noise, Gaga's Joanne just doesn't suit her and Perfect Illusion sounds like it was for a different album. Beyoncé's self-titled and Lemonade are still my least favourite albums by her (Renaissance brought me back which is impeccable) and well my thoughts about Anti on here are well documented.

Sometimes commercial bops for the clubs are better than experimentation

QFby.gif

Whilst thinking about folklore/evermore it got me thinking, and I'm convinced some people like these weird art/folky/going against the grain albums artists release just for the sake of it

Taylor's evermore and folklore - yes they may be ~organic~ but they're boring, Miley's Dead Petz is... noise, Gaga's Joanne just doesn't suit her and Perfect Illusion sounds like it was for a different album. Beyoncé's self-titled and Lemonade are still my least favourite albums by her (Renaissance brought me back which is impeccable) and well my thoughts about Anti on here are well documented.

Sometimes commercial bops for the clubs are better than experimentation

QFby.gif
While folklore and evermore are slightly boring to actually listen to, I think this post is so off the mark.