Your unpopular pop opinions

mikejmc5580 said:
In fact, I'd bin at least 70% of Britney's entire output (although when she gets it right, she gets it right.)
In terms of her singles I'd say the shit-to-good ratio is about 2:1. Blackout ain't all that.

I don't understand why people criticise Promise This.

I think it's a fair statement to say it's her most Girls Aloud-y thing she's done on her own: it's quirky, unforeseen, yet extremely catchy, and most importantly, tons of fun. It's such a good mixture of melancholy and danceability.

Songs like this are scarce nowadays, in an era where Tik Toks, California Gurls and whatnot dominate charts everywhere on the sole account of being the same trite stuff.

apn said:
I don't understand why people criticise Promise This.

I think it's a fair statement to say it's her most Girls Aloud-y thing she's done on her own: it's quirky, unforeseen, yet extremely catchy, and most importantly, tons of fun. It's such a good mixture of melancholy and danceability.

Songs like this are scarce nowadays, in an era where Tik Toks, California Gurls and whatnot dominate charts everywhere on the sole account of being the same trite stuff.

Agreed. I love 'Promise This'; fantastic, oddball pop.

MollieSwift21

Staff member
I'm a Slave For You is britneys worst single ever. I can't listen to it without getting a headache seriously it's what turned me off her Britney, and In The Zone albums. It took me to became a big fan again with Piece of Me and Circus album for me to realize the brillance of the songs Overproteced, Toxic, and I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Women.

Though I did love Everytime when it came out.

D

duckface

yougotthelove said:
Just The Way You Are is such a terrible song. I am really disliking Bruno Mars and his infinitely over-used cliches.

I despise Bruno Mars. He seems so snide and full of himself, at least that's how he comes across with his self-indulgent vocals.

D

duckface

The Alouette-lette-lette-lette chants? You're insane (I joke). They're my favourite bit! Apart from the radio tag "Boom Chika Boom Chika Boom Boom Boom", that is.

I even love the mispronounced slow French bit. Now that's unpopular.

I don't like Insatiable at all. It's not the type of music I like to listen to, it's definitely not the sort of thing I wanted from Nadine and I'm really disappointed that after all that wait for her to put something out there, that is apparently the best she came up with. And I really wanted to like her solo stuff so it's doubly annoying. I hope the rest of her album is better.

Robinho#1 said:
I Don't Like Your Band is Annie's finest moment on Don't Stop.

I don't think this is that unpopular. It seems like most find it to be a toss-up between 'I Don't Like Your Band' and 'Songs Remind Me of You'.

clockworknovak said:
Robinho#1 said:

I don't think this is that unpopular. It seems like most find it to be a toss-up between 'I Don't Like Your Band' and 'Songs Remind Me of You'.

The last time I was in the Annie thread, most people were saying it was shit and inferior to Don't Stop.

Robinho#1 said:
clockworknovak said:
Robinho#1 said:

The last time I was in the Annie thread, most people were saying it was shit and inferior to Don't Stop.

I think Paul Epworth 'got' Annie absolutely perfectly right with that song. It's very much like Chewing Gum/I Know UR Girlfriend Hates Me. I love bitchy Annie.