Your unpopular pop opinions

Gwen Stefani's Cool is perfection. One of my favorite songs ever.

Enrique is very hit and miss, but Tired Of Being Sorry people! It's amazing!

Why has it taken a year for people to realise Joe McElderry is shit. I knew from his first audition. Watch his audition again on youtube - its creepy, weird and his voice is offputting.

Whoever is managing him did a bang up job though at making that the first single. Its modern, uplifitng, etc. (sounds like Animal by Kesha). But its JOE MCELDERRY singing it, he sounds like his voice is breaking on it. Imagine it in the hands of someone else.

RJF said:
"Meet Me Halfway" is the best Black Eyed Peas song.
The chorus is amazing, 80s, wistful pop ballad magic and the instrumental is quite something but those verses, typical Black Eyed Peas inspide, repetitive shit.

I spend my time just thinkin', thinkin', thinkin', 'bout you
Every single day yes, i'm really missin' missin' you
And all those things we use to use to use to do

Sweeping statement that I may or may not take back but is almost definitely true:

"That La, La, La" is amazing and is (very almost) better than anything on Rated R. It's top 5 Rihanna for me.

That La La La is good but not that good. One of the few good tracks off the first album, but not a career highlight by any stretch of the imagination.

I actually like a lot of Gwen's solo output. Although I confess that I've never listened to her albums. Are they worth looking into? I pretty much love nearly all her singles.

RJF said:
I actually like a lot of Gwen's solo output. Although I confess that I've never listened to her albums. Are they worth looking into? I pretty much love nearly all her singles.

The only real other songs by her I listen to every now and then except for the singles are 'Danger Zone' and 'Wonderful Life'. And these are fantastic.

T

The Poop Master

Gwen has some really, really, really atrocious shit on her albums.

Her singles make up for it though.

Well... Cool does anyway...

RJF said:
Bubble Pop Electric. That is all.

Wind It Up is hilarious.

EDIT: I endorse all of 3Xs' recommendations. I meant 'That is all' in the 'Bubble Pop Electric is definitively amazing' sense, not the 'That's her only worthwhile song' sense. Wind It Up is still hilarious though!

I loved both of Gwen's albums in full, the first much more so than the second.

If we're talking about non-singles, from L.A.M.B. it's all about Bubble Pop Electric, Crash (amazing amazing amazing), Long Way To Go, and Serious. From The Sweet Escape I like Yummy, Don't Get It Twisted and Wonderful Life.

OH MY GOD. I heard "Wonderful Life" ages ago, thought it was amazing, and was never able to find out who sang it. THANK YOU POPJUSTICE.