Your unpopular pop opinions

BEST FICTION said:
PantoponRose said:
Bionic is better than Femme Fatale.

Was there really any doubt, though?

I don't think it's "just" better, its miles better.

But this is obviously unpopular, hellloooooo Femme Fatale is amazing!!1!! and fressh!!1! best Britney vocals!!!1! she sounds british on some trax!!11!~

J

JadeFan

Rhombus said:
Not sure I can decide between Femme Fatale and Bionic - I think Femme Fatale just edges it.

I think so too. Ever so slightly. Bionic is let down by the general awkwardness of it.

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his
I love Bionic and Femme Fatale. I think as a unit, FF is much more well-constructed, but a tighter Bionic would have obviously won.

So I guess Bionic does win. WOOOO

Mr.Arroz said:
I love Bionic and Femme Fatale. I think as a unit, FF is much more well-constructed, but a tighter Bionic would have obviously won.

I agree, but the interludes and crap the label added really let it down.

jinzo said:
Lithium is and always will be their best ballad.

I would marry this statement if I could. Especially the last minute or so of the track.

Woohoo > Femme Fatale.

Rhombus said:
Mr.Arroz said:

I agree, but the interludes and crap the label added really let it down.

How dare you! The Morning Dessert interlude is pure sex, I think I love it more than Sex for Breakfast.

The one thing I can say about Femme Fatale as an album, is that it's tightly constructed, focused, cohesive and consistent (even if I'm not a fan of what it consistently achieves). Bionic, in deluxe or standard form, is anything but. Bionic's crushing lows (of which they are many) outweigh Femme Fatale's by some margain, but its highs are fairly stratospheric and beat the competition hands down.

If Bionic's uptempos were all as shameless as Woohoo or as campy as Vanity and if Sex for Breakfast didn't exist, Bionic would be practically flawless.

Perfect Bionic (songs in no particular order):

Bionic
Woohoo
Elastic Love
I Am
You Lost Me
My Girls
Vanity
Monday Morning
Birds of Prey
Little Dreamer

For b-sides:
Not Myself Tonight
Sex For Breakfast

tylerc904 said:
I never hated Bionic, in fact its one of my most played albums ever.

The only song I don't love on the album is Glam.

I'm with you on both counts. I think you and I have long claimed it's her best album by far. 'Glam' just sounds so flat. It's basically a demo.