Your unpopular pop opinions

If you take either Till The World Ends or Sex For Breakfast out of the equation, I'd say it's an easy Bionic win. As it stands, it's close...

Bionic is an album that suffers from dated production (Prima Donna sounds right out of 2002), cringeworthy lyrics (Glam sounds like a RuPaul reject, Vanity is embarrassing and represents everything wrong with Christina, Bionic' chorus sounds like it was written by Madonna and her Rhyme book, and Not Myself Tonight threw every club song cliche they could fit in 3 minutes). And then you have I Hate Boys, which is just criminally bad.

The album is at a constant battle with itself, trying to be so many things, and excelling at none of them, outside the few ballads. When you have to rearrange an album that leaves it mangled and resorts to having half of it's regular tracklist be chucked off...speaks volumes.

It's so frustrating to hear the ballads on the album amongst the rest of the crap...if she went with those and ran with it, it would have been the best album of her career. Christina hasn't been a good -uptempo dance music ~ type of popstar since her debut, and why her people advised her to continue to try to be is mindboggling. It is not the bad album people make it out to be, but as a whole it's beneath her capabilities! You Lost Me, Lift Me Up, Stronger Than Ever remains some of her best work.

Mr Telephone Man said:
Prima Donna sounds right out of 2002, Glam sounds like a RuPaul reject, Vanity is embarrassing and represents everything wrong with Christina, Bionic's chorus sounds like it was written by Madonna and her Rhyme book, and Not Myself Tonight threw every club song cliche they could fit in 3 minutes. And then you have I Hate Boys, which is just criminally bad.
DAMN! You just summed up my problem with all those tracks perfectly, almost word-for-word, in fact (particularly in the case of Bionic's chorus, which lets the whole song down by being so braindead)! I could have down with a Sex For Breakfast takedown, but 6/7 ain't bad!

IMHO said:
DAMN! You just summed up my problem with all those tracks perfectly, almost word-for-word, in fact (particularly in the case of Bionic's chorus, which lets the whole song down by being so braindead)! I could have down with a Sex For Breakfast takedown, but 6/7 ain't bad!

I was coming for a Sex For Breakfast takedown, but I do NOT remember what it sounds like or even a single lyric. And that in itself, sums up my feelings on that track.

Mr Telephone Man said:
I was coming for a Sex For Breakfast takedown, but I do NOT remember what it sounds like or even a single lyric. And that in itself, sums up my feelings on that track.
Pretty sure it was an even more boring 'Loving Me For Me' with some nasty references to 'honey' and 'juices' dripping.

I just listened to it (or got 45 seconds in), and it's goes right back to what I was saying: DATED PRODUCTION. And not in a throwback Love On Top way, more like in a Scott Storch meets JR Rotem way.

The only songs I don't love from Bionic are Prima Donna & Sex For Breakfast. The rest are all amazing and you will all DEAL!

I hates boys, the boys love me~ I think they suck and my friends agree

Keri is basically all you can hear on Ciara's Ooh Baby. The songs she wrote for Danity Kane are good, but PCD's Bite The Dust is incredible.

Gimme More & Break The Ice are perfect - that goes without saying.

(Though Buyou and Knock You Down are better than both)

Mr.Arroz said:
tylerc904 said:
The only song I don't love on the album is Glam.

Typical.

The jealous h8r, strikes again. When will you learn?

There aren't enough songs about 'The Club'… only joking

If I'd known that Run the World (Girls) was going to be the only highlight from Beyonce's album 4 I'd have got far more invested in that song, because Best Thing I Never Had was abysmal. The lyrics are not appropriate for anyone of her maturity, those lyrics would make Avril Lavigne blush.