Your unpopular pop opinions

Ignoring the Beyoncé shade...

"Let's talk it over, it's not like we're dead" is pretty much the worst lyric ever. Avril was such an awful songwriter.

mikeyb said:
There aren't enough songs about 'The Club'… only joking

If I'd known that Run the World (Girls) was going to be the only highlight from Beyonce's album 4 I'd have got far more invested in that song, because Best Thing I Never Had was abysmal. The lyrics are not appropriate for anyone of her maturity, those lyrics would make Avril Lavigne blush.

Ghettoyonce will 'show her ass' and you will deal.

Robsolete said:
How can you be so cruel about poor Energy?
Urgh, the dated production and Tedder-lite chorus do nothing for me.

It probably doesn't help that my friend always blares it in her car and sings along to it like it's a form of therapy, only stopping occasionally to ask me 'How don't you love it?'. Her rendition of Pretty Girl Rock is pretty flawless though.

I.M.A. Fever said:
Ignoring the Beyoncé shade...

"Let's talk it over, it's not like we're dead" is pretty much the worst lyric ever. Avril was such an awful songwriter.

Still is, unfortunately.
I really like her, which is unpopular in itself, but she really can't do 'mature' very well, and she's at her best when she's doing her bratty pop-punk. I know that's unpopular among the majority of her fanbase who somehow believe she's the next Alanis Morisette or Carole King.

I really liked the Under My Skin album around the time it was released. I might give it another spin to see what Eighth grade me saw in it.

IMHO said:
Robsolete said:
How can you be so cruel about poor Energy?
Urgh, the dated production and Tedder-lite chorus do nothing for me.

It probably doesn't help that my friend always blares it in her car and sings along to it like it's a form of therapy, only stopping occasionally to ask me 'How don't you love it?'. Her rendition of Pretty Girl Rock is pretty flawless though.

You're friend has amazing taste. I suppose the production is dated, but it's still so bloody good that I don't care.

He / Him / His
But Under My Skin is a great album. Don't Tell Me, My Happy Ending, Nobody's Home and Slipped Away are all amazing.

Let Go, however, is in another league entirely. The singles (minus He Wasn't) are flawless, with I'm With You remaining one of my favourite songs of all time. The album tracks range from incredible to great also, with Anything But Ordinary representing everything that made her so exciting back in '03. Is Why on the actual album or just a b-side? God, it's amazing.

Who knew I was such a stan?

He / Him / His
IMHO said:
Mushroom3 said:
Let Go, however, is in another league entirely. The singles (minus He Wasn't) are flawless
He Wasn't was from Under My Skin, wasn't it?

Yes, you're right! The singles-run has now become more flawless than previously imagined.

Also, Losing My Grip is the song playing in my head during heated confrontations on PJ.

"YOU...YOU NEED TO LISTTEEN!!!!

IMHO said:
Knocks You Down is the only Keri Hilson song that I give even a vague crap about.

Yup. Her own output is essentially useless past that song. And her attitude is so terrible, how anyone can stand her is beyond me.

Under My Skin was one of those albums where I obsessed over a different song every week. First, it was all about My Happy Ending (still kind of is), then Fall to Pieces, then Slipped Away, then Don't Tell Me...well, the whole album basically went like this.

As it stands, How Does It Feel, My Happy Ending, and Don't Tell Me are the holy trinity.

And about Keri: first album is flaw-free, second album has two great songs and the rest are subpar on a good day.