Your unpopular pop opinions

I do think Keri is a heavily flawed popstar, but she's put out two properly fantastic albums. And I'd prefer to get her full version of Don't Hold Your Breath over Nicole's, even if part of the reason is the better production. She's not a popstar that I could get obsessed with, but some of her songs really are.

RJF said:
Is your friend citoig?

I'm not sure which part of this is more offensive, implying I'm a "she", or that I'd associate with IMHO...

Oi! I was totally innocent in that, RJF is the one who's name you should be besmirching!

As if I'd associate with someone from Limerick anyway...

In fairness, I couldn't besmirch his name any further, could I?

It'd be difficult I'd imagine. No roads from Connemara to here sham, for starters.

Meanwhile, I can't believe how overlooked Little Dragon have been, even on here. They really deserve a lot more attention, it's a real shame.

I

invertedbutterfly

citoig said:
In fairness, I couldn't besmirch his name any further, could I?

It'd be difficult I'd imagine. No roads from Connemara to here sham, for starters.

Meanwhile, I can't believe how overlooked Little Dragon have been, even on here. They really deserve a lot more attention, it's a real shame.

Ooh, are Little Dragon good then? I heard a song before Christmas and I thought it was amazing, but I didn't get much further in terms of checking them out.

invertedbutterfly said:
Ooh, are Little Dragon good then? I heard a song before Christmas and I thought it was amazing, but I didn't get much further in terms of checking them out.

I did the same, heard Ritual Union, loved it but never bothered checking out the album. Eventually got that, and it's amazing. Just got their first two this week, and I'm really impressed, especially as their first album is completely different to their other stuff.

citoig said:

Thank goodness for small mercys, eh?

Wildfire is an amazing tune but I haven't checked out any other tracks from Little Dragon (or indeed Sbtrkt).

Yes, definitley Ace Reject for Sugababes. Girls Aloud's would be Swinging London Town or Black Jacks. It's so hard to choose between them for me.

J

JadeFan

It's so obviously Ace Reject and Girl Overboard for me. Just literally perfect songs.