Zara Larsson - Poster Girl | Page 133 | The Popjustice Forum

Zara Larsson - Poster Girl

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sexercise, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Let me listen to this again because yesterday it really did absolutely nothing for me. I do wonder if slotting Don’t Worry About Me and All The Time in (and swapping out Talk About Love for the solo version) will help.

2. Love Me Land, Poster Girl and FFF are the obvious stand out’s for me.

I also really like Stick With You, it sounds like it could have been #1 in 2003.

Waldi likes this.
  3. This is actually a pretty cohesive body of work but there aren’t any obviously hit sounding songs on here. Also I actually really enjoy Stick With You. I’m happy she’s finally able to get this project out but a major switch up is needed for the next era.

4. Uno

Uno

FFF and Look What You've Done are megabops.

Waldi, Wishlight, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Need Someone is great! I'm hyped for the stream to be fair, her performing abilities are the most consistent and best thing about her as a popstar.

Wishlight, eddy2375, lushLuck and 5 others like this.
  6. This is a rather solid album, I just wish she’d get a new label because we all know she’d be better served elsewhere.

7. I'm toying with adding 'All the Time' and 'Don't Worry Bout Me' into the album running order, after my first listen. On the one hand, they're the sort of jolt in in the arm this album needs but, on the other hand, they'll probably only work to make the rest of this fade into the background even more.

I'll certainly give it a few more spins before writing it off but she's simply better than this sub-standard material. Like, So Good was shit too but the singles were fun and arresting in a way that buoyed up the rest of the record, in a way the singles present on the album simply aren't capable of.

Inland Empire, tea, aux and 1 other person like this.
  8. I still haven't listened to all of So Good in one run. I'm not even sure I've heard all the songs from it nn. This one is already miles ahead in that respect

ALEX likes this.
  9. I’ve listened the album yesterday and I don’t even remember how most of the tracks sounds. The title track slaps, though. “All The Time” remains superior than everything that made the cut.

Do we know if the “Abba on acid” concept was scrapped?

michaelhird likes this.
  10. I think I'll just keep Poster Girl, Need Someone and Love Me Land (the most, and maybe only interesting song on the project by far) and run with them. It's all serviceable but not the material necessary to take her to the next step, it all feels really safe and without any real bite to it, as if they were scared to drop the ball.

I wish her aesthetics and art direction this era matched the music.

11. Poster Girl and Stick With You are cute I guess... Really sad that I have to lump her in with the Rita Oras and Anne-Maries of the world now.

Jonathan27, Wishlight, tea and 6 others like this.
  12. Tell me about it. She has more charisma, star power, and talent in her pinky than half these lads and lasses do in their whole bodies, but she just doesn’t have the material to back it up. It’s a shame.

Some songs are growing on me, but this will be swiftly forgotten about in a week or two for me. FFF remains that girl.

Thu Ra Aung Kyaw and slaybellz like this.
  13. I listened to the album and it was actually a nice listen. Really liked FFF and Stick With You on first listen. I agree regarding All The Time. It would have slotted in perfectly on this album and complemented the other tracks so still baffled why it was shunned from the tracklist.

14. The album is fine. I’m not gagging but I’ll give a stream here and there. I have to know though, does “FFF” sample something? That pre-chorus/drop melody sounds so familiar but I can’t figure it out.

15. Now that it is confirmed that the japanese edition of the album has Don't Worry About Me and All The Time along with the Target bonuses, Imma grab it instead of the Target version.

Wishlight, Lapras, rubirubi and 3 others like this.
  16. Not one of the best songs here almost not making the cut:

Waldi, Wishlight, ericcccc and 7 others like this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Fff indeed.

18. RMK

RMK

I feel like she’s always been in the Rita Ora/ Bebe Rexha category.

19. The way this album sounds like an assorted selection of songs from a Zara in-store playlist. Very meta.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.