Zara Larsson - VENUS

If the first single doesn't flop I'm confident they'll get everything right this time around
Oh it won't flop in UK and Europe but we can't be really sure about US. And then here we are again to pushbacks.
Anyway I wish her very well with this album and campaign, I would love it to go smoothly this time.

he/him
Official Charts interview. She's did 2 songs with MNEK & worked with Max Martin's team.
How far into the next album are you?
“I’m gonna say not that far. I started two-and-a-half months ago with MNEK and we wrote two amazing songs. I’m not sure if they’ll make the album yet, but I love to work with him. He is such a blessing to work with. Ever since that session it’s been going super well and I’ve been feeling really inspired.

“Truth be told, I didn’t think writing was fun when I did my first album because I wasn’t good at it. Now I feel more comfortable saying what I want to say. I can express myself a little better. I feel a way bigger part of the process now than I was before, which makes all the difference. I can now go in the studio with writers and say, ‘This is what I want to say and this is what I want it to sound like.’”
As well as MNEK, have you approached any of pop’s super producers, i.e Max Martin, yet?
“I have worked a bit with the MXM team (owned by Max Martin) recently in LA, and it felt really good. I see Max Martin all the time because he has a studio complex that everybody’s in. Honestly, I wish I could live there. His complex is Marilyn Monroe and Frank Sinatra’s old house. It’s not too shabby I can tell you!

“I haven’t worked specifically with him [Max] yet, but we did a couple of songs and then he called us on Facetime and made some suggestions and changes. He’s definitely always looking over his writers, so he’s very involved. The whole team are great though… it really is pop heaven."

I'm rooting for her, but her debut was the biggest letdown of this year. Not the worst album (that would be something like Double Dutchess), but definitely a project I had high hopes for because of the amazing singles.

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his
I'm rooting for her, but her debut was the biggest letdown of this year. Not the worst album (that would be something like Double Dutchess), but definitely a project I had high hopes for because of the amazing singles.
Do you mean her second album?... cos that's the actual letdown of her small discography. Her Swedish debut is actually much more personable and individualized than her mainstream second album, which many somehow see as her first release.

I have confidence that her next album will be stronger than So Good. The main problem with that album was that so many great singles had already been released that by the time the album came out it felt like there were very few other songs that reached their level. Imagine if we had never heard any of those singles before listening to the album, opinions would be so different on the album as a whole.

Do you mean her second album?... cos that's the actual letdown of her small discography. Her Swedish debut is actually much more personable and individualized than her mainstream second album, which many somehow see as her first release.
I mean her second album, yes. I really haven't checked out her smaller debut since it's not available on iTunes/Apple Music but maybe I will if it's a better body of work.

Can't wait for the next era's Lush Life, Lush Life (feat. Tinie Tempah), Lush Life (feat. Tinie Tempah - Dancehall remix), Lush Life (Country Version), Lush Life (Acoustic Version), Lush Life (Dance Remix Version) and Lush Life (Fan demanded video).

I hope this album rollout is a lot smoother than the last one. I think she's now very aware that her biggest market will be Spotify, so hopefully she continues to take advantage of that. The tour giveaway making people follow her to be eligible was a good idea.