Zayn - Icarus Falls | Page 70 | The Popjustice Forum

Zayn - Icarus Falls

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by eccentricsimply, Jul 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

The fact that he put his tailor holding a laser pen to pretend it’s a sniper is a dead giveaway that the MV is not to be taken too seriously.

FastLove and andru like this.
  2. I'm strangely not feeling the song but hope Zayn has a grower.

I liked the martial arts but it's no Say You'll Be There.

LegoLand2.0 likes this.
  3. The song is nothing special, but damn, he's so hot, Jesus on a bycicle!

andru, Judy Jetson Hooker and Ferk like this.
  4. Jesus, take the wheel. And everything else.

andru, Judy Jetson Hooker and evilsin like this.
  5. Those describing the song as "contemporary" and "breezy" - it just sounds polite for boring. He's so beautiful though.

6. Dreadful.

This can't seriously be the new single right?

7. Well, no.

8. His album had interesting production and hooks for days. I don't get why those things appear to be missing here.

9. A smash this is not.

Judy Jetson Hooker likes this.
  10. this. What ha happened?

11. Yeah, Mind of Mine was amazing and is still the best solo One Dicration related effort by a mile. The songs for the second album we heard so far are nothing to write home about for me. I hope I change my mind when I hear the full album, if we get one. At least I'll always have the debut.

FastLove and Judy Jetson Hooker like this.
  12. Finally listened. It's fine, I think it'll be a grower the way most of his songs are especially when you start screeching along to the radio. I know plenty of friends who are getting married who will play this at their weddings (shoot me, please). The verses are really good, give me an 80s feel for some reason.

I can't decide if I love it or not, let me listen a few more times.

13. I got to the "i'll be faithful" line and had to take a moment to quiet my laughter. Otherwise, this is kind of pleasantly there. Lacks an "oomf", ya know?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2018
  14. I see you.

15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I can’t even really evaluate the song, I’m just revelling in the voice. I missed him.

16. Okay, it is a grower.

I am presently screeching 'Let me be your maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!' at my neighbour's demented cat (it keeps hanging out by my window sill).

17. I think this is incredible, so I must be in a very small minority.

lushLuck and MarlonBrando86 like this.
  18. His voice sounds amazing and he looks more like a big pop boy than ever, but the track really is kinda sleepy.

MarlonBrando86 likes this.
  19. Zayn baby NO, what is this B-side/deluxe track/Japan exclusive only-sounding song? After all this time for this tripe and NO ONE asked for the 'fight scene' in the video. Stop this movie action hero spy whatever narrative NOW.

I was so with him at Still Got Time - thereafter, everything else have been subpar.

FastLove and Ferk like this.
  20. This is nice background music on a sunny day but that's it. I honestly believe if he released SHE or Tio from his first album now they could be hits today... oh how I wish that album got a proper campaign, so many missed hit single opportunities.

FastLove, mcuk, Ferk and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.