Zayn - Mind Of Mine | Page 88 | The Popjustice Forum

Zayn - Mind Of Mine

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It sounds like something One Direction could have released without all the "fucking" I guess.

I'm kinda disappointed. It's not bad, but it's a weak debut.

2. Aren't we all.

3. This actually sounds really good on radio. Hmmm.

MarlonBrando86 likes this.
  4. [​IMG]
    Who hurt you, Zayn?

speedyboi likes this.
  5. That wouldn't be a bad album cover.

Tonye M, Sam, PEARL and 2 others like this.
  6. So, did anyone else pick up on the subtext that's he a straight heterosexual lad who likes to do sex into fannies? Or am I overthinking it?

Song's really quite good though. He also isn't as laughably unconvincing as I expected. Curieuse.

PLUTO, Leopold, Raisin Hell and 8 others like this.
  7. It was a little tacky and petty of him, of course, but this was a told in pop when Britney had exploited and commodified her own virginity for crying out loud, let's not act like her relationship wasn't up for grabs for too. It certainly wasn't the first or last case of an artist airing their dirty laundry through their work and it's far from the 'only' reason Cry Me A River was so critically and commercially successful.

And yeah, it's 2016, so when we're comparing Zayn's possible trajectory with other boy band breakouts, there really is no need for some ancient footnote about how Justin's solo success is apparently indebted to Poor Britney. It wasn't remotely relevant.

And of course, mere hours after the oringal post was made, Zayn released a video in which he 'exploits' his tabloid relationship with Gigi Hadid for however much extra attention it may or may not bring to this release but let's see if in 14 years her stans are demanding their reparations...

RJF, aaronhansome and K94 like this.
  8. Y'all it is 2016.
    Stahp.

eccentricsimply and ohnostalgia like this.
  9. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

This is horrible.

Euphoria, Vixen and aaronhansome like this.
  10. Just noticed that the song is completely gender neutral. Compensating it with his loving the chunky girls comments and that video, it does draw an interesting contrast.

eccentricsimply likes this.
  11. I've been humming the song all day. It's a keeper.

eccentricsimply likes this.
  12. K94

K94

Wonder if he wrote it on his own, or at all, after all that jazz.

aaronhansome likes this.
  13. He could get is six way to Sunday.

The song is about a 7.5, but Christ alive, take my body Zayn.

14. Zayn Malik, Levi Lennox, Mike Hannides & Anthony Hannides

15. Pillowtalk is EXCELLENT. I didn't think I'd like it this much.

16. It is a good start. The song is grower and radio friendly. I was kinda expecting bit more edgy but that will do me.

17. The music doesn't do anything for me but boy is he great to look at. Super envious of GiGi, to think where her lips have been.

Syzygyz likes this.
  18. This is a pretty good start, I trust there'll be better material on the album.

Tonye M, PEARL and ohnostalgia like this.
  19. I'm liking the song more with each listen and the post-apopalyptic production is perfect for a lead single. Currently getting my life to this foreboding jam.

And it's better than the Rihanna single. Who knew?

Lately, Tonye M, idratherjack and 2 others like this.
  20. Decided that I don't like the swearing.

bakerboy92 and JuanJose like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.