Zelda. | Page 91 | The Popjustice Forum

Zelda.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tommie, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Skyward sword, indeed.

Jonathan27 and bakerboy92 like this.
  2. My nephew keeps talking to me about Breath of the Wild, how he wants it for his birthday, and how Zelda games are fun. Welcome to the club kiddo.

RoffleMayo, chriscrk and V3RYP05H like this.
  3. Rob

Rob

The Zelda Joycons look lush but it's outright scammery that they'll still drift so I'll be passing.

Kyliéyoncé likes this.
  4. Honestly none of my joy con have ever drifted so I will buy these happily.

5. 35th anniversary today and Nintendo are silent. Sad.

chriscrk likes this.
  6. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Did I just pre-order my least favorite 3D Zelda game because the thought of missing out gives me heart palpitations?

Yes.

[​IMG]

7. I know people are disappointed, but I remember being obsessed with Skyward Sword back in the day, so I'm actually happy to be able to play it again (without the wii controls). Although I don't understand why Nintendo are being so secretive about Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. The fans are thirsty, they surely know this? And if they completely ignore Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (especially the latter) i will be VERY disappointed. I feel like now is the time to actually re-release all of those because I feel like all of them would sell really well no?

8. Despite being a Zelda fanatic, I've never actually played Skyward Sword. I skipped it because I hated the idea of swinging the Wiimote to hit things. Just let me press a button dammit!

I'm assuming, being a Nintendo title, it'll never go on sale so I doubt I'll be playing it any time soon.

Lost Boy likes this.
  9. For all of its jank, mostly due to the confines of the Wii's actual power, Skyward Sword is easily one of the most fun Zelda games there is. Without the motion controls as well, it should soar. Just don't go into it expecting BoTW sized freedom because... its lack of it is kind of why people demanded a change to the formula.

roblognick, Tigerlily and smellycat like this.
  10. Skyward Sword has some really great dungeons and bosses. I also appreciate some of the story elements (Hylia, Demise, Ghirahim/Fi) and the music. There are also some quite tedious sections however, and Lanayru desert is ugly as fuck. I’m annoyed there doesn’t appear to be much of a graphics upgrade, but I’ll still be purchasing and mostly enjoying.

roblognick and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  11. When I first played Skyward Sword, the Impa reveal snatched my wig and I found myself very emotionally attached to Fi.

But it remains the only Console Zelda I’ve on.y played through once.

He likes this.
  12. Also THE SOUNDTRACK

Best in the franchise? Probably.

roblognick and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  13. I still insist that 35 is a made-up marketing anniversary and I have zero expectations from Nintendo. Honestly, Nintendo created their own problem last year by celebrating Mario at 35 and making a thing of it; no one would bat an eyelash about Zelda/Metroid/etc. at 35 if they hadn't done that.

Give me something big when the good sis hits 50, I say. FFVII Remake, but make it Ocarina of Time.

14. Mario 35 is almost over anyways. The running theory is that once this fiscal year is over they’ll focus more on Zelda 35.

chriscrk likes this.
  15. When Mario 3D Allstars was released Nintendo specifically said that it would only be available for purchase until March, but never gave a reason. I was assuming that once that hits they’ll switch focus to Zelda.

16. Yeah, their objective was literally to make the over world feel like a big dungeon, so it's pretty much the exact opposite of Breath of the Wild.

I'm looking forward to it because I think it's the only 3D one I've played once; and it was ten years ago, so I think it'll feel pretty new.

Yeah, but they might as well take advantage of it;
    Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were on N64, GameCube, Wii and Wii U (and 3DS)
    Wind Waker on Gamecube and Wii U
    Twilight Princess on Gamecube, Wii, Wii U
    Skyward Sword on Wii, Wii U and Switch

They've been pretty consistent on adding the older 3D games on their new consoles, might as well take advantage of this 35th anniversary date do it on the Switch (I don't think it'll be around for the 40th?).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021 at 12:13 AM
  17. To my understanding, they will only start the Zelda anniversary year with the release of Skyward Sword HD. I suppose they didn't acknowledge it yet in order to avoid an overlap with the Mario anniversary stuff.

Also, as far as I am aware, in Japan it's more common to celebrate anniversaries like 25 years or 35 years rather than 20, 30 etc. I think the only major thing they had going for the 30th anniversary was the concert tour in Japan, whereas this anniversary will probably a bigger event.

chriscrk, collxtion and bakerboy92 like this.
  18. That's interesting. I hadn't considered the possible cultural context, so thanks for pointing that out. If you have anything that explains that more, I'd love to read it. (I'm taking a Japanese language class right now so I'm interested in this sort of thing.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.