Girls Aloud 2013 Tour

American here, as this may be the last one and I'm a huge GA fan, can someone help with what city I should get tickets to (what the venue is like, etc)? It would also be my first time overseas, so what the cities have to offer in the few days I have there could also factor in.

My Top Picks would be London (obviously), Liverpool (The Beatles), Dublin (I'm of Irish descent and would love to go down to County Cork where family is from) and maybe Manchester.

Slightly OT, but poor Cardiff

I love Girls Aloud but do we need a thread for every time they exhale.

Maybe it's too early to start one, but it's surely helpful to keep those discussions separate. The Out Of Control Arena Tour 2009 Discussion Thread had over 4000 posts in the end, and hopefully the interest in Girls Aloud here at Popjustice is still as strong.

@PopZeitgeist
Apart from London I've only been to concerts in Birmingham - and I did like that, maybe because it's a fairly uninteresting place (sorry Brummies!), so there was less distracting you from the show. Personally I'd love to see this tour in Dublin, but will probably only go to the London ones.

Standing at all venues? Epic fail! Oh no, just thought now Live Nation can make a load if money selling early entry, all makes sense now.

I have every feeling they'll end the tour at Wembley Stadium.

Just watch.

Next Friday - sells out in hours. More dates announced during the following week - sells out.

Announce final Wembley Stadium show due to demand.

There are seated tickets in each venue...?

You ended a statement with a question mark there.

Yes, there's seats in each venue, we all know that. They're not in front of the stage, though, which sucks. I'd be happy if it was a small standing area at either side of a catwalk, with seats from the end of the catwalk onwards, but it isn't. The view people are going to have on the night depends on whether they're willing and able to spend the day camping outside the arena, which is madness,

He / Him
I hate standing in the floor area. I'd much rather be allocated a seat on the floor and know where I'm going to be sitting and have my own little space.

I'm pissed there's no floor seats either. I hate standing through all the waiting and support acts and more waiting. I like drinking cocktails and getting in there like 10 minutes before the show starts knowing my seat will be safe.

It's so stupid they're doing standing. Every tour they've done has been seated so it never even crossed my mind it could be standing. When I went last it was full of little kids and parents so I can't see them being too happy. And how the ticket prices have raised by £15 but I know there's going to be so much demand for them.

The only upside is I can get standing and my friends can and we don't have to worry about being seated together.

I hate standing in the floor area. I'd much rather be allocated a seat on the floor and know where I'm going to be sitting and have my own little space.

Exactly. I actually like standing in smaller venues, but in an arena it's Hell on Earth unless you're prepared to elbow people all night.

It's so stupid they're doing standing. Every tour they've done has been seated so it never even crossed my mind it could be standing. When I went last it was full of little kids and parents so I can't see them being too happy. And how the ticket prices have raised by £15 but I know there's going to be so much demand for them.

The only upside is I can get standing and my friends can and we don't have to worry about being seated together.

I'm quite happy about the price rise. Bigger budget to work with (bigger stage, bigger stunts, better costumes, better merchandise)
But yeah I can't see the whole standing thing working - The Return Of The Spice Girls didn't have it.